Thursday 3 January 2013

Sky Tower and The Big Draw Meetup


It is as if a great overwhelming energy has all of a sudden taken over me, I simply cannot stop drawing. I cannot leave the apartment without my sketchbook and I draw every moment I get a chance to. Even at home if I am not conversing with Barbara (my wife) or simply hanging out with Dreo (my daughter), I am drawing. This drawing craze that has overcome me seems to have rubbed off on Dreo. She incessantly draws nowadays and her corner of our apartment wall is lined with line drawings and water color drawings. I have completed my first sketch book and have started my second sketchbook here in New Zealand. Going through my completed sketchbook, I came up with a few sketches I have not yet added so here they are plus a something  from Dreo’s works to brighten up my more serious mannerisms. 

Sky Tower on the morning of Christmas 2012 at around 6:30 am.

From the final Big Draw Event of 2012 at St Patricks Square in Auckland.

Dreo's first 'mixed media drawing. A combination of collage, pen, pencil and water-colour pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment