Wednesday 16 January 2013


Mechanics’ Bay in Auckland Harbour is home to several important organisations that are tasked with the job of keeping watch over the boating activities in the Harbour. These include, the Coastguard Northern Region, Surf Life Saving Northern Region, Auckland Coastguard Inc., the Police Maritime Unit and ARC Harbour master  The Auckland Marine Rescue Centre and the adjoining buildings house these organizations and I spent about an hour around the area doing a few sketches. Below are  sketches of the Auckland Marine Centre and the Mikano Restaurant and Bar. Below are a few quick sketches I did around that area while staking out a new place to go fishing. Working in monotone or grey scale at times, I have strived for simplicity. I have also been trying to work fast, pushing myself to complete each sketch as quickly as practicable with the fewest of lines I feel possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment