Wednesday 2 January 2013

A few from "The Via Duct Harbour."

Thought I'd share in this blog, a few sketches from my Via Duct Harbour visits. I like to go there a little bit after noon, when cast shadows are out to play. I find the subjects more interesting then and the boats and yacht's are a big attraction as subjects for me and thus the following sketches:


The bottom two sketches are of the same boat. Sketching out in public is not easy and I had to get accustomed to the inquisitive stares of people passing by. Thus the effect on the top sketch of this beautiful boat called "Ranui". 


Returning to same spot about a week after, and I must say after many more live sketching experiences, I came up with this. More controlled this one, however, I still like the spontaneity of the above sketch. As far as I'm concerned I am not just done with sketching "Ranui" yet. There are a few more sessions with this beautiful boat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment