Monday 14 January 2013

Emily Place


I've walked past it on my afternoon strolls many times and every time I do so, I can’t help but ask myself the same question, “Why is this apartment named  Brooklyn?” .
According to its web site, Brooklyn Apartments is a unique and highly sought after art-deco style heritage building and its proximity to the CBD and places like the AUT, Law School and motorway and Emily Park.  But my interest to sketch it at one time or another is nothing like that of someone looking for an apartment to rent in Auckland that had the qualities stated above. I simply wanted to capture the building that intrigued me by the mare fact of its name. And so, I sketched it. And while I was at it, I took the opportunity to sketch people who had come out to sit on the bean bags strewn on the lawn at Emily park. In the course of doing this, I also  came across another building I’d like to sketch but that would  best be left until I have sketched it for now, here is Emily Place and the Brooklyn Apartment entrance.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment